Gallery of Various Section
Instruction on How to Access Online Resources
- Visit the website of the University library (https://cbsualib-report.wixsite.com/read);
- While in the library website, click the icon of the database that you want to use or explore;
- While in the login portal of the desired database, provide a User ID and Password to some subscribed databases (EBSCO and Gale Databases), but other databases do not require it. Visit your respective campus library and ask your librarian and or staff for the username and password or visit the CBSUA library website (https://cbsualib-report.wixsite.com/read) by clicking the icon ASK a Librarian and select your respective campus to request for it;
- While in the interface of the database, it will take you to its various resources and feature, which you may begin to explore its content.
In the case of the STAR BOOKS, the clients may visit the library for one-time registration in the system of the database to access in the library the various resources belonging to the database. Also, if the clients may not visit the library physically, they may visit the CBSUA library website (https://cbsualib-report.wixsite.com/read) by clicking the icon ASK a Librarian and select their respective campus to request their registration.
The following are the electronic databases available in the CBSUA Library
- EBSCO (onsite and remote access) – EBSCO is the leading provider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, e-books, and discovery services to libraries of all kinds
The CBSUA has subscribed the following databases:
- E-Book Academic Collection – this growing subscription package contains a large selection of multidisciplinary eBooks representing a broad range of academic subject matter. At present, there are one hundred ninety-seven thousand eight hundred thirty-seven (197,837) ttitles of multi-disciplined e-books in the database.
- Agriculture Plus – it is a rich resource covering all areas of agriculture from agribusiness and crop science to food engineering, soil science and sustainable development. This database contains more than 300 full-text journals, including 200 peer-reviewed titles and well-known journals such as New Scientist, Crops, Agricultural Research, Plant & Soil, and Bio-Science.
- OMNI File Full text Mega- contains a wealth of essential material for learning and detailed research in a single, easily-searched database. With the full text of articles from over 2,500 publications, and indexing and abstracts from nearly 3,600 publications, this database provides invaluable support for research in all core undergraduate subjects and for cross-disciplinary work.
- Open Dissertations – is an open-access database built to assist researchers in locating both historic and contemporary dissertations and theses.
- GALE DATABASES (onsite and remote access) – for more than 60 years, Gale, a Cengage Company, has partnered with libraries around the world to empower the discovery of knowledge and insights by all people.
- Gale Ebooks – the reference materials are accessible in the library remotely 24/7. As of today, there eighty (80) titles of e-books acquired by the CBSUA.
- Infotrac Custom 100 – is a database of selected one hundred (100) titles of multi-disciplined e-journals.
- SCIENCE DIRECT (onsite access)- it is a database for e-journals and e-books, CBSUA Library has subscribed and received complimentary e-books with a total of fifty-seven (57) titles
- Zinio Magazines – a subscription of e-magazines of general interest at present CBSUA Library has subscribed (16) titles
- PHILIPPINE E-JOURNALS (PEJ) (onsite and remote access) – is an online collection of academic publications of different higher education institutions and professional organizations. Its sophisticated database allows users to quickly locate abstracts, full journal articles, and links to related research materials
- EMERALD INSIGHTS (onsite access) – is one of the world’s leading digital-first publishers, commissioning, curating, and showcasing research on academic journals and books. This a project from Commission on Higher Education through the Philippine E-Library Project.
- STARBOOKS (onsite access) – this is a project of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) specializes in science and technology, which includes livelihood and educational videos, interactive science and math courseware, scientific researches, and investigative projects.
- PHL CHED CONNECT (onsite and remote access) – a web application that contains higher education course materials in text, media, and other digital assets that are useful for teaching, learning, and research purposes.
OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES:
- PHILIPPINE JOURNAL OF SCIENCE (onsite and remote access) – the oldest scientific peer-reviewed journal published in the country.
- BOOKBOON (onsite and remote access)- offers free textbooks written by professors from the world’s top universities, all on one easy-to-use online ebook platform.
- DOAB (onsite and remote access) – the Directory of Open Access Books is a discovery service for Open Access monographs. DOAB provides a searchable index to peer-reviewed monographs and edited volumes published under an Open Access business model, with links to the full texts of the publications at the publisher’s website or repository.
- DOAJ (onsite and remote access) – the Directory of Open Access Journals is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- DIGITAL BOOK INDEX (onsite and remote access) – provides links to more than 165,000 full-text digital books from more than 1800 commercial and non-commercial publishers, universities, and various private sites. More than 140,000 of these books, texts, and documents are available free.
- E-BOOKS DIRECTORY (onsite and remote access) – is a daily growing list of links to freely accessible eBooks, documents and lecture notes found all over the internet.
- GOOGLE SCHOLAR (onsite and remote access) – provides a simple way to search for scholarly literature broadly. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts, and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities, and other web sites.
- THE ONLINE BOOK PAGE – it has a listing over 3 million free books on the Web as of July 27, 2020.
- PHILIPPINE ELIB- is a collaborative project of the National Library of the Philippines (NLP), University of the Philippines (UP), Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Department of Agriculture (DA), and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- THE BEST PHILIPPINE SHORT STORIES – brings you the best in Philippine literature. Despite its name, poems, essays, artwork, and cartoons will appear regularly.
- THE NATIONAL ACADEMIES PRESS (NAP) – publishes the reports of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. The NAP publishes more than 200 books a year on a wide range of topics in science, engineering, and medicine, providing authoritative, independently-researched information on important matters in science and health policy.
- THE UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES (U.P.) DILIMAN JOURNALS ONLINE – is a free online service exclusively offered to U.P. Diliman journals. It aims to gather all the U.P. Diliman journals in a single repository; widen their dissemination and visibility online, and provide journal editors with a convenient means of implementing the editorial process.
- WORLDCAT – is the world’s largest network of library content and services. WorldCat libraries are dedicated to providing access to their resources on the Web, where most people start their search for information
- PROJECT GUTENBERG- is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online
- BALDWIN LIBRARY – a historical children’s literature collection
- OPENSTAT- is an open data platform powered by PC-Axis a user-friendly application with versatile possibilities for presenting statistical tables with visualization features.
- THE ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF EDUCATION, ARTS AND SCIENCES (APJEAS) is the official research journal of the College of Education, Arts and Sciences of the Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas which is also open to the global community of scholars who aspire to have their researches published in a peer-reviewed open access.
- PHILIPPINE INSTITUTE OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIES- is the Philippine government’s main socioeconomic think tank. Since its establishment in 1977, it has been engaged in the conduct of policy-oriented studies to assist policymakers and planners in crafting evidence-based development policies, plans, and programs.