The Regional Apiculture Center-Bicol (RAC-Bicol), situated at the Central Bicol State University of Agriculture (CBSUA), was established under the Memorandum of Agreement between the National Apiculture Research, Training, and Development Institute (NARTDI) and CBSUA. RAC-Bicol is the base institution under the direct supervision of the CBSUA President and NARTDI Director together with the other member agencies and institutions.
As a regional center, RAC-Bicol carries out plans and programs on apiculture that are linked with the national level. The center is regularly monitored and evaluated by NARTDI, based at Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University, on its research, development and extension activities.
RAC-Bicol had already launched its two provincial centers, the Sorsogon State Colleges and Catanduanes State University, in 2008 and 2012, respectively.
To be recognized as the pioneer institute and the center of expertise for Meliponiculture Technology in the Philippines
To conduct training, researches, extension and production activities for the promotion of the beekeeping industry in Bicol and in neighboring regions.
To enhance and ensure sustainable productivity and competitiveness of the beekeeping technology as a highly promising industry in Bicol.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE: To provide additional livelihood opportunities for the communities by addressing the technical, institutional and socio-economic concerns of the beekeeping industry.
- To generate, verify, package and disseminate appropriate apiculture technologies
- To establish and/or improve the quality control for honeybee products and by-products
- To establish appropriate marketing systems for honeybee products and by-products
- To organize beekeepers and enthusiasts into associations or cooperatives
- To develop and standardize protocols for the establishment and/or use of beekeeping facilities, supplies, tools and equipment
- To review, formulate and recommend sound policies for the upliftment of the beekeeping industry
- To promote efficient information, education and communication strategies for beekeeping
- To establish beekeeping communities and satellite institutions.