Program Educational Objectives of the BS Agricultural Engineering (BSAE)
After 3-5 years, the graduates of the BSAE Program shall:
- Provide leadership in conceptualizing, designing, implementing, operating, and monitoring agricultural engineering projects and programs, consultation, inspection, testing and evaluation, investigation, agribusiness ventures and management services on agricultural and biosystems technologies, facilities and equipment and other related fields
- Hold managerial or supervisory positions in public or private institutions/organizations involved in design, farm operations, processing, manufacturing and marketing, irrigation, soil and water conservation systems and facilities, agricultural waste utilization systems and facilities, renewable energy systems utilized in the farm; and other related agricultural and biosystems engineering facilities and equipment; locally and internationally
- Own and manage agricultural engineering-based business enterprises
- Hold leadership in research and development, training and extension work, consultancy services on agricultural engineering facilities/services, systems and technologies for safe water and, renewable energy, a stable environment, and products/processes.
- Engage in teaching and/or administrative functions in institutions of learnings in the country and abroad.
- Demonstrate life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advance studies, professional development/continuing education courses, or industrial training courses in agricultural engineering and emerging related fields
- Support and value the preservation and protection of natural environment, gender and development advocacies
Program Educational Objectives of the BS Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (BSABE)
The graduates of the BSABE, 3-5 years after graduation and passing the board examination, shall:
1. Provide leadership in planning, implementation and monitoring ABE projects and programs;
2. Occupy supervisory positions in private and public organizations, locally and internationally;
3. Own and/or manage ABE based business enterprises;
4. Pursue advance studies in ABE and emerging related fields; and
5. Occupy responsible positions in ABE education.
Specific Professions/Careers/Occupation for the Graduates
The scope of the practice of Agricultural Biosystems Engineering, as defined in R.A.10915, known as “The Philippine Agricultural and Bio systems Engineering Act of 2016,” embraces services in the preparation of engineering designs, plans, specifications, project studies, feasibility studies, estimates, and supervision of the construction, operation, and maintenance of irrigation and drainage, soil and water conservation and management systems, agrometeorological systems, AB machinery and power, AB buildings and structures, farm electrification, renewable energy systems, AB processing and post-harvest facilities and systems, AB waste utilization and management, AB resource conservation and management, climate change mitigation measures, AB information systems, and AB automation and instrumentation systems. This enumeration of work shall not be construed as excluding any other work requiring AB engineering knowledge and application. The teaching of professional AB engineering courses in the curriculum of the BSABE program or a subject in the AB Engineering licensure examination is also considered as practice of AB Engineering.