Generally aims to increase people’s sensitivity to the implications of gender inequality and demanding that problems of gender discrimination be identified and overcome.
- Women’s Month Celebration
- GAD IEC Materials Development
Men, Women and Children’s Welfare
Aims to address issues of men and women on Health and Wellness, Parenting & Family Relations, Sexuality, Victims of Harassment, Abuse and Violence so employees and students can effectively and efficiently perform their functions at home and in the university.
- GAD Daycare
- Gender’s Desk
Concerned with addressing the academic, technical /vocational and professional skills and capabilities of students and employees to better address key gender issues.
- Gender Sensitivity
- Integration of Gender Principles in Subject Content
- Gender-Fair Language
- Gender-Responsive Teaching Techniques and Classroom Management
Gender-Responsive Instruction and Curriculum Development
Refers to curriculum that shall prevent all forms of gender-based discrimination in instruction, research, and extension as well as in marketing methods and the use of promotional materials.It ensure the promotion of “women’s empowerment” to be undertaken through the “provision availability, and accessibility of opportunities, services, and contribute to the political, economic, social, and cultural development of the nation” (CHED).
Gender-Responsive Research and Development
Refers to a collaborative, purposive, research activity conducted by various members of HEIs to contribute to the empowerment of identified communities that they may eventually, by themselves, achieve gender-responsive development and inclusive growth. It envisions a community of people possessing the core value of gender equality. GRR&D is part of the GAD and Research program of HEIs that are intended to initiate, catalyze and sustain the development of various individual or communities using the institutions’ expertise and available resources. (CHED)
Gender-Responsive Extension and Community Engagement
Refers to a collaborative set activities designed by the HEIs to contributed to the empowerment of both the institution and identified communities to promote and achieve the core value of gender equality it involves the packaging, promotion, demonstration and application of appropriate technology, tools, processes and products generation from GAD research and other activities to create a gender-responsive organization, community and environment, as the case may be.
- Social Protection– policies and program that seek to reduce poverty and vulnerability to risks, enhance the social status and rights of all women and men, but especially the marginalized; promote and protect livelihood and employment; protect people against hazards and sudden loss of income; and improve people’s capacity to manage risks. Its components are labor-market programs, social insurance, social welfare and social safety nets; and
- Appropriate Technology – suitable technology that usually skills and materials easily available in the locality and that address gender issues and concerns.
Governance and Linkaging
Aims to support the reduction of poverty and vulnerability of people and improving community’s risk management capacity.
- Livelihood and Entrepreneurship
- Community’s Disaster Risk Reduction Management
- Environmental Protection and Management