Philosophy, Vision, Mission, Goal and Objectives
Education for Sustainable Human Development
The University Extension Services envisions improvement in the quality of life of the clients with enhanced capacity for adaptation to changes in climate and the environment.
The University Extension Services is committed to improve systems and practices in the service areas by building capacities for food security, technology development, enterprise development, disaster risk management and public safety, functional literacy and instructional development and gender equality.
Develop appropriate techno-transfer programs, modalities and community development approaches through effective extension and training services.
To build capacity, improve productivity and ensure food security of the clients, the University shall:
1. Develop extension modalities and implement technology transfer and enterprise development schemes for sustainable livelihood and food security
2. Promote sharing, documentation and packaging of good agricultural practices and appropriate technologies through knowledge management
3. Promote values towards family and community leadership, gender equality and disaster preparedness and public safety in all trainings and capability building activities
4. Empower communities and partner institutions through functional literacy programs and technical experts services
5. Enhance participation of faculty and students in extension and community services
6. Increase participation of faculty and students in extension and community services
7. Perform participatory M and E activities with LGUs, NGOs and other relevant agencies to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of extension programs